PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Wild Things Park thanks you for considering the purchase of a ticket. We are trying to play baseball at the park because we feel it is important to provide the community with a much needed escape from the pressures of the day, to provide players a place to showcase their talents and hone their skills and to preserve the jobs of our employees. And after all – what would summer be without America’s Pastime?
That is why we are taking this opening slowly. Once we are convinced that we have our processes, procedures and protocols firmly understood and successfully implemented, we will consider what comes next. We believe we can make our baseball product the safest possible choice for you and your family in these uncertain times, but we need your help and understanding.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW……
- The Good News is…. Wild Things Park will host baseball games this summer… we are thrilled to be able to offer socially distanced, socially responsible baseball in our park. Socially distanced baseball means there will be EXTREMELY LIMITED SEATING! You will want to check the website (washingtonwildthings.com) to ensure the game you wish to attend has tickets available for purchase! And you will need to purchase your tickets in advance on line. This is being done to limit contact between your family and others.
- Every Sunday evening tickets will go on sale for the week. Two baseball games will be played at Wild Things Park on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Each game is a separate event. Games times are 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Sunday.
- The park will be cleared and cleaned between games.
- A special seating area will be available for our fans 55 years of age and older. Please note this section is available for all games. Remember that Sundays are kid’s days, and there will be many families with youngsters in park on Sundays.
- Our teams will not travel this summer. The players have been here and will remain here. Even so, unlike past years there will be no autographs, and contact between players and fans will not be permitted.
- Please note that this is not Frontier League Baseball, and you will not have the same experience as years past. Much of the entertainment will be temporarily set aside. For example, our mascot will be in the park for baseball games but will not be mingling with fans in the crowd. We do, however, have a plan in place that will allow pictures to be taken with the mascot. We will have giveaways some games and we will attempt to do as much as we can. Please do not judge us by your experience this summer. We are looking forward to the 2021 season. And will bring our brand of baseball back with a vengeance.
- We will not have fireworks every Friday. We are planning to have some special nights later in the summer if all goes well. Please check our website which will be updated regularly.
- Please note the precautions we have taken to keep you, the team, and the staff safe during these tumultuous times and PLEASE respect our policies and procedures while you are at Wild Things Park.
- Masks are required
- Everyone entering the park will be subject to temperature checks. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 (and members of their party) will be denied entry.
- Fans will be required to distance themselves from others in the park.
- Draft beer and fountain soft drinks will not be available. We will serve canned beverages instead.
- All condiments will be individually packaged
- Staff and fans will be separated with plexiglass barriers in the concession area.
- Touchless point of sale equipment has been installed
- Hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the park for fans and for staff and our restrooms and other high touch areas will be tended to consistently.
- The Kids Zone will not be operating this summer. Because we are practicing social distancing and we are avoiding contact, the playground, bounce houses, speed pitch, etc. will be closed for the summer.
- In an attempt to avoid unnecessary contact, we will have a new ingress/egress plan for the summer. All fans will enter at the right field gate and all fans will exit at a separate gate on right field concourse. Please also note that we will permit no reentry into the park.
We hope you appreciate the lengths we are going and measures we are taking to provide you and your family a safe afternoon or evening with us. We truly appreciate your support of baseball, our employees, players, coaches and your neighbors.